The ASCE Broward Branch is proud to offer the ASCE Broward Branch Civil Engineering Scholarship in the amount of $1,000. The scholarship shall be paid directly to the school of the student’s choice for payment of tuition and/or fees.
The scholarship is available to students pursuing an education in the field of civil engineering. The successful candidate will:
- Have a permanent residence within Miami-Dade, Broward or Palm Beach County (may live elsewhere while attending school)
- Be enrolled in, or accepted to, an ABET accredited civil engineering program
- Have a minimum GPA of 2.5
- Be a member of ASCE. Information about free membership can be found here: https://www.asce.org/membership/student/
- Complete the application form
- Submit an essay according to the attached guidelines
- Submit an official transcript from most recent educational institution (high school or college)
- Submit a copy of proof of enrollment (e.g., tuition bill, class schedule, acceptance letter)
Application must be postmarked by Friday, July 8th, 2016.